Talk: "When Student Voice is Heard" by Andrew VanderMeulen
Billions of kids every day take off there cover, wake up and go to school. In 2000 Andrew VanderMeulen started being a teacher, then in 2009 he found out that he was doing it wrong, but later he fixed it.
CHILDREN HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES
Now, kids take off their cover, wake up, go to school and come home saying, “I had an impact, I was heard!”
Talk: "Tinkering, Thinkering" by Luke Johnson
Without tinkering we would be walking with candles, not with a light.
- Tinkering = tools that are recycled
- Building = using things from trash or pieces that were recycled
- Good tinkering is recycling
Talk: "Industrialized Humanity" by Helen Yang
Helen visited an isolated village to help people. When she wandering around the country she saw that they were making a house with bamboo and trees, because they didn’t have nails. No nails- only trees bamboo.
- What does isolated village mean now?
- Answer: A place where hospitality is not yet an industry, but human nature.